Thursday, June 30, 2011

Upward Over The Mountain


One of my favorite songs by a great band called Iron & Wine is Upward Over The Mountain.  On a rainy Wednesday like today, I found myself in the mood to listen to them and just drive around.  This song really describes a lot of what I've been going through with the move back home from college for the summer.  It's really hard in a lot of ways to adjust to having someone to answer to again, especially when you have a very protective mother like I do.  I've learned in the last year that it's so important to deal with frustrations or sadness as it happens instead of pushing everything aside until it overflows.  It's something I'm having a hard time with because I was raised a different way, but I'm working on it.


So at the risk of this post getting too 'bloggy' or whatever, I'm going to talk about something else that reminded me of this song in the last week.  My babe, Jaron, and I went UPWARD OVER THE MOUNTAIN to go boating at Pineview Reservoir in Huntsville with his family yesterday.  It was such a great time... THAT'S what summer is all about.  Nothing feels better than belting out Jessie J with a good friend in the middle of a frickin' lake... (Video to follow?)  That being said, I'm obviously making excellent progress on my summer goal to get out in nature.

I also want to take a second to give a huge shout out to Jaron Barney.  It was his birthday this last Saturday and it was probably one of my favorite days of the summer so far.  We just started getting to know each other last summer and now I couldn't imagine my life without him.  Love you babe!

No comments: