Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Post!

It feels like it's been so long since I've posted.  This post is probably going to be pretty short, but I just have some stuff to say.  First of all, today is Easter!  I miss my family, especially on holidays that I'm not at home, but I know I'm going to be home very soon and all I'll want is to be back at school.  There's really nowhere else I'd rather be than at school.  The Freshman Revue is this upcoming Wednesday and Thursday, so our class has been rehearsing our tails off.  As of about an hour ago, the show is OFFICIALLY completely staged.  From what I've seen, I think it's going to be a great show.  We have full run thrus and tech tomorrow, Tuesday, and Wednesday afternoon, shows on Wednesday and Thursday night, no class on Friday, then finals week, then HOME on Saturday May 7th!  This year has gone by so fast, and I've learned so much.  More on that later.  There's no way I'm writing a reflection post yet.  Not ready.

I've been working on another post too...  It's a sort of survey that I found randomly online called 62 Power Questions You Should Ask to Reconnect With Yourself.  I guess I could just read through them and think about my answer like a normal person, but I think having to articulate answers to these difficult and revealing questions is a good exercise, so I'm forcing myself to finish it.  Who knows when it'll actually be up, but it'll be long as hell.  

A few notes about family.  In the last couple weeks, like I said, we've been in rehearsal for the Freshman Revue and spending a lot of time together as a class, which we don't often get to do.  In classes it's usually just two cores at a time.  Having this time together has made me realize that we are all a family.  There can be drama or whatever, but at the end of the day, WE ARE A FAMILY.  Having less than two weeks left of freshman year has made me want to embrace every minute I have here.  We are a family and we are all so blessed to be here. 

1 comment:

Skyler Martinez said...

Great post Tia! I'm interested in the 62 power questions! Keep up the good work!