Sunday, April 3, 2011

...And the world spins madly on

Okay, let me just start off by saying that if any of y'all haven't been to Dick's Last Resort, you are MISSING OUT.  It's this themed restaurant... It's supposed to be like that place you go when you can't get a reservation anywhere else.  The waiters treat you like shit, basically, and make these hats that say embarrassing things on them, too.  Thanks to my core-mate Jonathan, mine said 'Carpet Muncher'... Always with the lesbian jokes...  Anyway, we went out to celebrate Gavin's 23rd birthday, which is tomorrow.  It was so much fun to get almost our entire class together.  Just the kind of bonding our class needs right now.

Without getting into too much detail, I'll say that there was some drama tonight.  I guess that's to be expected when you get 35 musical theater majors into the same room.  For some reason, the entire time this drama was playing out, the song 'World Spins Madly On' by The Weepies was playing over and over again in my head.  No matter what happens, life keeps moving.  I think everyone needs to just take a breath and calm down.  We're all under a lot of stress right now.  Earlier this semester I made promises to myself that I would work to get out of the BoCo bubble more and only spend time with people who I enjoy being around.  For the most part I've been accomplishing that.  I've seen a lot of beautiful places in Boston this semester and gotten to know a lot of beautiful people a little better.  We only have 33 days left of freshman year... Let's make the best of it.  And the world spins madly on...


Woke up and wished that I was dead

With an aching in my head 
I lay motionless in bed
I thought of you and where you'd gone
and let the world spin madly on

Everything that I said I'd do 
Like make the world brand new
And take the time for you
I just got lost and slept right through the dawn 
And the world spins madly on

I let the day go by 
I always say goodbye
I watch the stars from my window sill 
The whole world is moving and I'm standing still

Woke up and wished that I was dead 
With an aching in my head 
I lay motionless in bed
The night is here and the day is gone
And the world spins madly on

I thought of you and where you'd gone 
And the world spins madly on. 

No comments: