Sunday, March 6, 2011

Back to the BoCo!

So currently I'm on the Megabus heading home from New York.  Luckily they have free Wi-Fi on certain buses.  I just had the most amazing weekend with my best friend in the whole world, Bailie, and her grandpa Jim.  We did some shopping in the city on Saturday, had dinner at the Olive Garden in Times Square (The best restaurant in the best city with the best people... It seemed obvious), then got third row tickets to Driving Miss Daisy.  Unfortunately Vanessa Redgrave was sick, so we saw her understudy.  Still a fantastic show though.  James Earl Jones was brilliant.  I also just want to say how great New York City is.  This trip was the only time I've been here and it hasn't been freezing cold and miserable.  When the weather is nice, it's absolute heaven.  I'm so lucky to live in a city so close to the center of everything.  Bai documented the SHIT out of our weekend, so I'll be sure to post pictures in a few days.




Being away from the BoCo bubble, even just for a weekend, is so therapeutic.  Everything we do revolves around school, which is great for me -- It's why I chose to go to a Conservatory -- but sometimes it's hard to get an actual break from everything if you're still on campus.  I'm so thankful that I got an opportunity to take a break this weekend.  It really helps me to appreciate everyone and everything in Boston.  Doesn't matter if I'm gone for a day or for a month, I ALWAYS look forward to coming home to my own little BoCo corner of the Boston Back Bay.

One thing I thought about while in New York is how much being single has been good for me.  Weird thing to think about, I know.  The reason I bring it up is because I think it's made me appreciate all of the love in my life more.  I think sometimes in relationships, priorities get messed up and you take love that doesn't come from a significant other for granted.  I'm so grateful for the amazing people I have in my life and I appreciate them more and more every day.  I'm trying this new thing where I only surround myself with people who are worth my time.  So far it's the best decision I've ever made.

Home now! And speaking of just surrounding myself with my closest friends, I want to give a huge shout out to Rachel Hirschfeld.  She's one of the most loyal, genuine, and loving people I've ever met and I don't think I've given her enough credit (at least via this blog...) for how amazing she is.  We had a huge group go out to Cheesecake Factory tonight because her birthday is on Wednesday. Rachel is a star and I hope she has an awesome birthday!

No comments: