Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Will Be My Bitch.

So pumped for this new year. I didn't have the typical, crazy New Year's Eve weekend or anything, but I spent it with a few people who have proved to be my best friends over this break. My girls Bailie, Nora, Travis, and Ali and I all went downtown on New Year's Eve to see the lights at Temple Square, then came back to my house to watch the ball drop and EAT. 


We were banging on pots and pans to ring in the New Year, thanks to Nora.  It was a lot of fun, and I wouldn't have traded that night for a crazy time at a club or a party.  I think the last night of the year should be spent with close friends. I think that's one of the best things I've been able to figure out during my time back in Salt Lake; Who my true friends are. I've been able to see so many old friends which has been great.


I'm missing BoCo more than I thought I would, though. There's something to be said for how quickly I've become attached to these people. Being away from the amazing people in my class are helping me to realize just how lucky I am to be going to school with all of them.

Let's do a quick catch-up on the rest of my winter break so far. I've been relaxing a lot, hot tubbing a lot, sleeping a lot, and eating a lot. Just the way winter break should be. 
With my bestie Travis at Sugarhouse Coffee. 



 With Bailie at Sugarhouse... Safe flight back to CCM!

 Me and Charley got matching tank tops.... 'I <3 Boys'

 Typical PhotoBooth session at a fun spendthenight

 My sister Telise and me on Christmas... Leaving the legendary 'Telise Navidad' videos
 Ice Skating with Nora :)

 Gift exchange!
 Lunch with friends from high school and our acting teacher, Jared
I've been doing a lot of reflection on the first semester at school and realizing just how much one semester has helped me to grow so much in my art. I'm so ready for a new semester and, as Doug put it, "refreshed January hearts". That's going to be my motto for the new semester. I'm ready for everyone in my class and especially my core to come back to school rested and ready to start working with each other even more freely than before. 

Over the last couple weeks, I've come across some really good quotes, and I think instead of making resolutions for the new year, I'm going to just keep these quotes in mind and try and live by them. 

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from Safe Harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."

"Take chances. Tell the truth. Date someone totally wrong for you. Say no. Spend all your cash. Get to know someone random. Be random. Say I love you. Sing out loud. Laugh at stupid jokes. Cry. Apologize. Tell someone how much they mean to you. Tell a jerk what you think. Laugh till your stomach hurts. Live life. Regret nothing."

1 comment:

mack said...

wow!!!! a great blog that i ever found!! superb! good job at all! Happy new year!