Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"No change of heart... A change in me"

Couldn't resist the awful title... Sorry y'all... Well, I've been home for three days now, and Salt Lake is everything I remember it to be (Almost).  I think the main difference isn't the mountains or the people or my house or car or family.  The biggest difference here is me.  Being back in a place that has changed so little is making me realize how much being away at school has changed me as a person.  I've been able to see almost all of my closest friends since I've been back (Talk about a lot of coffee dates), and I still love them all so much.  I'm glad things haven't changed THAT much.  I know that being away at school has not necessarily made me a better or worse person.  I'm still the same person that I was before, just more confident in who I am, and more able to express myself.  Being at a school where I'm consistently working for my dream has made me so much more focused and I think has put a lot of things in perspective for me.  I'm also finding out that talking about nothing but musical theater related things for so long has made me forget how to have normal conversation... 

1 comment:

Evan Michael Haas said...

So true... Kansas is exactly the same and most of my friends aren't any different. It is so weird coming back different when everything here is so static.