Friday, December 10, 2010

The End of the Beginning

Well, it's been an entire semester here at the BoCo. So hard to believe. First of all, a quick catch-up on things since the last Grickies. My friend Gavin and I went to New York for Thanksgiving break and stayed with his good friend from home, Jarvis. We had SO much fun. Got to see some good theater, did some shopping, and SLEPT IN. That was refreshing. We got to see Next to Normal again, A Little Night Music, and Angels in America: Perestroika. We got to meet the cast of Angels after the show. Most of them were so nice and chatted with us for a bit. It's always so exciting for me to meet people who are living my dream. Check out my Facebook album, Thanksgiving in NYC for all the rest of the pictures :)





Since Thanksgiving,  time has gone by even more quickly than the rest of this year has. I can't believe it's already the end of the semester. Today was the last day of classes, now we just have a few more finals next week and it's time to go home! One assignment that all of the Musical Theater majors have is a self-evaluation. We answer a few questions about our progress and what has changed so far this year and send our responses to our three acting teachers and have a meeting about our progress. It was really difficult to think back on specifically what kind of progress I've made because I'm such a different person now. This school has changed so many things about me that I'd been working to change for years in just one semester. Without getting too much more sappy, I just want to say that this school is definitely where I'm meant to be. I'm so thrilled with the progress I'm making, both personally and artistically. Not gonna lie though, I'm so ready for a break! I CANNOT WAIT to see everyone back home. Never thought I'd miss Salt Lake City so much. Seven more days, Utah! Get ready for the best Christmas ever :)

No comments: