Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DONE! ...Almost

Yeah, right.  I wish I was done.  BUT, huge progress has been made over the last few days regarding BOCO FINALS WEEK 2010.  On Monday I had my History of Musical Theater final exam due, a Liberal Arts paper about dating Plato's Symposium using aggression and altruism in Ancient Greek culture and art due, an actor critique from Twelfth Night for my acting class due, and my Movement for the Actor Anatomy final exam.  Needless to say, I did basically nothing but write those papers all weekend. Finals week has begun!  I had a joint acting class/monologue extravaganza with another core Monday morning, followed by our last History of Musical Theater class where we turned in our final exams and played Musical Theater History TABOO (Which my team - TEAM ETHEL - totally won.)  Tomorrow I have my evaluation meeting with the acting faculty and my piano final, then my Musical Theater final on Thursday afternoon... Then I'm DONE with finals!  There is light at the end of this black hole.  But honestly, I complain about the amount of work we've had to do for finals week, but I really wouldn't have it any other way.  Whenever I get too stressed, I just stop and think about what I'm stressing about.  I mean... To have a final exam on tap dancing? Piano? Acting?  I'm SO lucky to be at this school.  I mean, I can't wait to go home, but I don't know what I'm going to do, not being able to see all of the amazing people here for a MONTH.  I can't wait to go home and see all of the people who have been great friends to me, even though I live on the opposite side of the country now.  This move away was exactly what I needed, but it'll be so refreshing to come back home. 

But.... Focusing on my time left here in Boston before Christmas.  Everyone always says that finals week is the best week of the year here, and I see why.  The week before finals is CRAZY INSANE, but actual finals week isn't bad at all. Most of our finals are during the morning and then we just have the rest of the day to ourselves.  I've been catching up with people here who I haven't been able to see as much because of class schedules or whatever, and it's been so nice.  So far I've found that I can have a conversation with any single person in the class.  We all just hang out with whoever is free.  No cliques, we all just love each other.  We really are the 2014 Family.  

No comments: